Thursday, March 21, 2013

dead blogs

Recently, I've been looking for a much more exciting blog url, and I wanted to keep it short and concise. I started using the blog creation bar to check different short combinations very quickly. As I saw that very common or just plain weird combinations were unavailable, it made me wonder who created these blogs, and what they wrote.

Most of the very very short 2 letter combinations such as 1o, oo, zz, az, all had just 1 post, made usually in the year 2000 or 2001, that just said "test."

For me, it was more interesting to see the blogs of the angsty teenagers that talked about their lives. They talked about how they went to the mall with Jimmy last weekend, or debated killing themselves a few weeks ago. By now, these people have probably moved on with their lives, but it was interesting to see what they wrote about for the 1 week they regularly updated their blog.

Just some thoughts

John

No comments:

Post a Comment